The NSW Government today announced a major new grants package and changes to the Dine & Discover program to help tens of thousands of small businesses and people across NSW impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions. Dine & Discover vouchers have been extended for use until 31 August 2021. They will also be able to be used for takeaway from eligible and registered Dine businesses during the restriction period, but food must be delivered directly to the home by the restaurant or café and not picked up.
Additional help through the NSW Small Business Grant is available to businesses and sole traders with a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum but below the NSW Government 2020-21 payroll tax threshold of $1,200,000 as of 1 July 2020.
These businesses must have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent employees and an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in New South Wales or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in New South Wales. In the next few days, the full criteria will be available on the Service NSW website: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/
The amount a small business can receive will depend on the percentage of turnover they have lost during the lockdown. There will be three tiers:
- $10,000 for businesses who experience a 70% decline in turnover
- $7,000 for businesses who experience a 50% decline in turnover
- $5,000 for businesses who experience a 30% decline in turnover
Businesses will be able to apply for the grants through Service NSW from later in July and will need to show a decline in turnover across a minimum two-week period after the commencement of major restrictions on June 26.
COVID-19 Disaster Payment Available Australia-Wide
The COVID-19 Disaster Payment was made available to Victorians during their recent lockdown and has now been made available Australia-wide to business owners and employees who are struggling due to the lockdown.
All the below criteria must be met for you to be eligible for these payments. Check to see if you qualify:
- be an Australian resident, permanent resident, or eligible working visa holder
- live or work in a Commonwealth declared hotspot
- be unable to work and earn income as a result of a state lockdown
- be where the lockdown is for more than 7 days
- have liquid assets of $10,000 or less
- have used up other pandemic state-based entitlements and all paid leave entitlements except annual leave
- not receive income support payments, Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, or a state small business payment
You can get one federal (taxable) payment for each period of lockdown, excluding the first 7 days. You will either get:
- $325 if you have lost less than 20 hours of work
- $500 if you have lost 20 hours or more of work.
More information on the Services NSW website https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/
Reminder: APAN remains committed to supporting you on so many levels.
Please let us know if you need added support. We truly care for your wellbeing and your success. Give us a call on our support and advice Helpline 07 5593 0360 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have Salon Hub available for every business to add themselves too. Claim your free directory spot today: www.salonhubaustralia.com